Today, Americans across the country are looking to the humble groundhog to determine whether we’ve got six long more weeks of winter in store or whether we can get ready to celebrate an early spring. Regardless of whether Punxsutawney Phil (the official weather-clairvoyant groundhog) sees his shadow, dooming us to six more weeks of winter, or busts forth without a care in the world, I think we can all get behind Greensky Bluegrass’s awesome show at the State Theatre in State College, PA, on Groundhog’s Day in 2016, celebrating the somewhat-absurd holiday.To kick off the evening, the band opened with a “Groundhog” sandwich, giving a nod to the theme of the day. From the opening tune of “Groundhog,” Greensky moved through “Money For Nothing” before getting right back into “Groundhog” and then transitioning to “The Four.” However, little did the crowd know they had, not one but, two more “Groundhogs” coming their way: one serving as the second set opener and the other serving as the encore opener.You can check out crispy audio and a setlist from the night below, courtesy of Sean AY.Setlist: Greensky Bluegrass | State Theater | State College, PA | 2/2/16Set 1: Groundhog > Money for Nothing > Groundhog > The Four, Radio Blues, Eat My Dust, In Control > Airmail Special, Reverend, Leap YearSet 2: Groundhog > Over Again, Burn Them, Handguns, 33443 > Kerosene, White House Blues, Jaywalking, Handle with CareEncore: Groundhog > Wheel Hoss
Malaysian FPSO provider Yinson has executed a final settlement with PetroVietnam regarding last year’s termination of the $1 billion FPSO charter contract. To remind, BBC reported back in 2018 that PetroVietnam ordered Repsol and its Talisman Vietnam subsidiary, to suspend its Ca Rong Do work, to avoid confrontation with China due to the maritime border issue in the South China Sea. The PTSC CRD joint venture, consisting of Yinson Clover and PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation (PTSC), in 2017 signed the $1 billion bareboat charter contract for the supply of the FPSO for ten years firm and five more in extensions. It is worthnoting that PTSC also on the same date entered into a final settlementagreement with Talisman Vietnam. The contractwas meant for the supply of an FPSO for the Ca Rong Do field developmentoffshore Vietnam. In March 2018, Repsol’s subsidiary Talisman Vietnam, the operator of the Ca Rong Do field, informed PTSC of a force majeure event directing the oil company “not to carry out the scheduled work program on the CRD Project for the time being”. The future of the FPSO charter was unknown at the time but in September 2019 PTSC terminated the charter due to a prolonged force majeure event. Then onThursday, 2 June 2020, Yinson said that it reached a final settlement with PTSC.The settlement agreement will settle all rights, demands, liabilities andobligations arising from the termination of the bareboat charter contract.
BIG-hitting Windies all-rounder Andre Russell believes the team is set to peak at just the right time, with the ICC T20 World Cup just on the horizon.Russell played a starring role as the Windies closed out its T20 series against Sri Lanka, with a convincing 7-wicket win at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium on Friday. The 2-0 win triumph for the West Indies was the team’s first series win against an opponent since Bangladesh in 2019.For a re-tooled Windies team looking to win an unprecedented third world title, the all-rounder believes that while the team have a long way to go, the victory is timely encouragement.“We are peaking at the right time but we still have some areas to work on as a team,” Russell, who was named man-of-the-series, said.“We have a new set of guys who have the professional mindset and we know what we have to do to better what we have been doing. I just hope everyone is tuned in and ready to make the sacrifices moving forward to work on our cricket.”Russell ended the series with a decisive 75 runs and one wicket.
The American attacking midfielder, Christian Pulisic, made a rare appearance for Frank Lampard’s Chelsea on Sunday against Southampton. The £58 million ex-Dortmund man played a full fifteen minutes, providing an assist for Michy Batshuayi as the Blues trashed Southampton 4-1.The 21-year-old has been kept out the team by both Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount this season. Barkley and Pedro have also been preferred to Pulisic on occasions. Lampard has admitted that he has been in ‘harsh’ omitting Pulisic but added “that’s where I want them to be. That’s part of the process”.The American has admitted that he is frustrated by the lack of playing time and admitted feeling ‘hurt’ when he was left out of the squad for Chelsea’s clash with Lille in the Champions League.Pulisic made 90 appearances for Borussia Dortmund, scoring 13 goals before he moved to West London. This move made him the most expensive American player of all time and remains USA’s most exciting prospect. The success of Pulisic boosted the American’s interest in European football, resulting in the leading US sportsbooks to boost their selection of bets on European football. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebookby Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksRecommended for youJourneyGoGoTop 10 World’s Best Cruise TripsJourneyGoGoUndoApartments for Sale | Search AdsApartments in Dubai Might Be Cheaper Than You ThinkApartments for Sale | Search AdsUndoManuka Feed10 Foods to Avoid if You Have High Blood PressureManuka FeedUndoTopGadgetAdvisorFinally, A Military Smartwatch Every Man in Hong Kong Has Been Waiting For!TopGadgetAdvisorUndowww.tripminutes.com20 Best City Breaks in the Worldwww.tripminutes.comUndoBestest.info10 Tips For Weight Loss With Minimal EffortBestest.infoUndoEasyvoyageIs she the most beautiful woman in the world ?EasyvoyageUndoFood Eat SafeHere’s What Eating An Avocado Per Day Can Do For YouFood Eat SafeUndo
When Commonwealth Games gold medallist Manoj Kumar starts his campaign at the London Olympics, he will realise a dream which his elder brother and former international boxer Rajesh Kumar once had but could never fulfil.After a training session at the NIS here, Manoj said that after qualifying for the Olympics, he is happy not just for himself but for his brother too.”Going to the Olympics and winning a medal was a dream that both of us shared. If he had not been a boxer, I would never have been a Commonwealth Games champion and an Olympian. I want to compete and win a medal in London. If I do so, I can share the joy with my brother,” Manoj, who will be making his Olympics debut in London, told Mail Today.He might have fell short in his bid for the Olympics, but Rajesh has had a big influence on his family members and relatives, amongst whom as many as eight took to boxing after watching him.”He actually took our family to a new direction. After him, I came into boxing and made the sub-junior team in 1999. My younger brother Mukesh followed me in 2004 and currently we are eight brothers and cousins who are representing India in different age categories,” he said.Manoj started by imitating his brother but it soon turned into a passion.”I used to watch my brother practising and started imitating him. Initially, it was fun to throw punches like him but gradually I started taking keen interest in boxing. My brother noticed it and took me to a coach where I started boxing seriously,” said Manoj.advertisementRajesh took part in some international tournaments but fell short in his bid for the Olympics. He left boxing and studied physical education and after getting a doctorate, became a coach with an NIS diploma achieved under national coach Gurbux Singh Sandhu. “Even today there are matters, regarding sport and family which I discuss only with him and if I win in London the unconditional support of my brother will be a major factor,” said Manoj.Manoj is training hard at the NIS where his preparations are in the final phase.”Now the entire focus is on speed and strength. Both the factors will give me an edge at the Olympics and I want to make the most of the opportunity,” he said.To acclimatise to local conditions, Manoj went with the team to Ireland and will be leaving for London for training on Friday. “The Ireland trip was good because of the local conditions. London and Dublin are almost similar and training at such venues will help us feel at home at the Olympic venue.”Ireland was the No.1 boxing team at the Commonwealth Games and sparring with them was a fruitful experience. Now our camp is in London and it will help us adjust physically, mentally and physiologically,” said Manoj.
Force Motors has been the preferred partner for producingForce Motors has been the preferred partner for producing engines for all Mercedes-Benz cars and SUVs made in India since 1997.The new plant, which is spread over 1,30,000 sq ft, has eight lines that produce and test up to 14 engine variants. This includes the 4 cylinder gasoline and diesel engines, 6 cylinder V-type gasoline and diesel engines.It employs around 200 people and works in two shifts. Made with an investment of Rs 100 crore this plant is a part of the Rs 700 crore investment pledged by Force Motors over the next two years, across its value chain for multiple products, business verticals.The facility has an annual capacity of 20,000 engines and 20,000 front and rear axles. It can be further enhanced, should there be a requirement from Mercedes, Firodia said.Till date, Force Motors has supplied over 60,000 engines and over 50,000 axles to the German luxury carmaker. Last year the company had inaugurated a plant in Chennai that produces power trains for German car major BMW.Pune-based Force Motors expects to triple its revenue to Rs 3,000 crore in next three years driven by its contract manufacturing business for leading automobile companies like Mercedes Benz and BMW. Currently, the revenue generated (from OEMs business is around Rs 1,000 crore.Force Motors sells vehicles including small commercial vehicles, multi-utility vehicles, light commercial vehicles, sports utility vehicles and agricultural tractors. PTI MSS RKL ABK
Bleacher Report.Bleacher Report and Notre Dame announced a “groundbreaking partnership” for social media content on Thursday.From Notre Dame’s release:Bleacher Report, a preeminent next generation content creation company, has reached an agreement with University of Notre Dame football for an exclusive social content partnership throughout the season. The B/R social team will be embedded with the football program in South Bend and travel with the team to road games during the entire season to create custom content for the program’s national fan base.The collaboration will consist of full behind-the- scenes access to the Notre Dame football team including practice, locker room, game day activities, home and away games, travel, academic classrooms and a wide array of student and campus life. The array of content will include a weekly video feature, Facebook Live streams, short shareable social packages and game day Snapchat takeovers, distributed across Bleacher Report’s website and Team Stream mobile app — reaching more than 250 million users — along with B/R social platforms with an audience of more than 200 million fans.At a press conference this morning, Kelly explained the benefits of partnering with B/R for his program.Brian Kelly on Bleacher Report deal: “This gives us a unique relationship that nobody else has in college football.”— JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) August 5, 2016Kelly says, flat out, the relationship with Bleacher Report allows them to reach their targeted audience. More so than the Showtime deal.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) August 5, 2016As I expected, Kelly says the Bleacher Report media deal requires much less time/effort than the Showtime documentary series did.— Stephen Brooks (@StephenM_Brooks) August 5, 2016Notre Dame did a documentary with SHOWTIME last season. Florida State is doing a similar documentary this season.The Fighting Irish released this video about their partnership with Bleacher Report. The start of something [email protected] x @BleacherReportComing this fall… #BRxND pic.twitter.com/8dbeU1jHvN— Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) August 4, 2016Notre Dame opens its season on Sunday, Sept. 4 against Texas.
Advertisement TORONTO, Aug. 28, 2018 /CNW/ – CTV truly has something for every viewer this season, as the network confirmed today its fall premiere dates, featuring a primetime schedule filled with Hollywood’s hottest, big-buzz new series and returning, can’t-miss, fan-favourites bursting with compelling stories and unforgettable characters. The 2018/2019 television season kicks off with the THE 70th EMMY AWARDS on Monday, Sept. 17, live across the country at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, exclusively on CTV. LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With: This fall, Monday on CTV is solidified with MAGNUM P.I. and THE RESIDENT, while Tuesday is home to this season’s biggest new drama THE ROOKIE and highly anticipated new family comedy THE CONNERS, a spin-off of this year’s hit revival ROSEANNE. In addition, Canada’s favourite TV programs THE BIG BANG THEORY, YOUNG SHELDON, THE GOOD DOCTOR, THIS IS US, and more return to CTV’s primetime slate.FALL BASE SCHEDULES: CTV and CTV2 Facebook Advertisement Twitter
OTTAWA – NAFTA negotiators appear to have adopted the lament of the White Rabbit: “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.”Battalions of negotiators for Canada, Mexico and the United States have been working at a breakneck pace trying to reach agreement on a revamped North American free trade pact by the end of the year but so far they have little to show for it.U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer seemed to concede as much earlier this week when he offered an assessment of the progress thus far that could have come straight out of “Alice in Wonderland”:“Yeah, well, we’re moving at warp speed but we don’t know whether we’re going to get to a conclusion, that’s the problem,” he told the Centre for Strategic and International Studies in Washington.“We’re running very quickly somewhere.”Canadian government officials insist the talks are going well and it’s premature to conclude they’re running off the rails.But trade experts and stakeholders who’ve been following the negotiations closely say they’ve seen no progress on any of the thorny issues and no discernable headway, even on the simple things where all three countries should be in agreement.If there’s no significant progress during the third round of negotiations, starting Saturday in Ottawa, they say there’s no chance a deal can be struck by year’s end.And if there is no deal early in the new year, some experts predict U.S. President Donald Trump will follow through on his threat to pull the plug on NAFTA rather than go empty-handed into primaries for mid-term congressional elections.Ohio-based trade lawyer Dan Ujczo said he’s been surprised that all the supposedly “low-hanging fruit” — issues that weren’t considered controversial, like bringing the pre-internet NAFTA into the digital age — is still hanging.“If we don’t see something like the digital chapter … some very strong, completed text on that emerge by the end of this third round, I’d say that’s a very strong signal that we’re not going to get this done.”Ujczo noted that the U.S. political calendar will become “extraordinarily tricky” early next year, with primaries for the mid-term elections starting in earnest in March. Trump was elected on a promise to rewrite or rip up NAFTA and Ujczo said he has to deliver on that, one way or the other.“We have a president who has not demonstrated a great deal of patience on other issues so I think a process that continues to drag on into 2018 will increase the likelihood that the president issues a withdrawal from the NAFTA.”“I think it is important that we begin to see real engagement on some of the difficult issues,” agreed Ted Alden, senior fellow at the Washington-based Centre on Foreign Relations.“I think the sooner that happens, the better likelihood of a positive outcome. All that seems to have happened so far is they’re sort of (saying), ‘Here are the areas where we can check off the boxes’ and they haven’t even done that many of those.”Ottawa-based international trade strategist Peter Clark, who was involved in the original NAFTA and Canada-U.S. free trade negotiations, said he expects to see “some visible progress” out of the Ottawa round.“I think there has to be because you can’t keep on going and not doing anything. You have to have enough progress to keep Trump from pulling the trigger,” said Clark.Those expectations are certain to be dashed, however.Canadian government officials, speaking on background, bluntly say there’ll be no breakthroughs on the big, outstanding issues during the five days negotiators are in Ottawa. Rather, they’ll continue what they started at the first two rounds: exchanging draft texts on different issues and assessing areas where quick agreement can be found.Indeed, they don’t expect progress on the controversial issues — such as the dispute settlement mechanism, investor state dispute settlement, rules of origin, labour standards and labour mobility, supply management — until the very end of the negotiating process in December. They contend it’s in no country’s interests to start making concessions at this early stage of the game.Canadian officials also say progress has in fact been made on the non-controversial issues, including the digital chapter, although they concede the tough files have yet to be broached in a serious way. Indeed, the U.S. has not even provided text spelling out its position in at least two contentious areas: rules of origin and agriculture.The Americans are expected to clarify their demand for more stringent rules of origin in the auto industry during the Ottawa round — which explains why Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland is meeting with a roundtable of auto parts manufacturers on Friday, as well as having lunch with former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and his team who negotiated the original Canada-U.S. free trade agreement.Currently, NAFTA stipulates that vehicles must have at least 62.5 per cent North American content to qualify for tariff-free passage across the three countries’ borders. It’s not clear so far whether the U.S. is looking to require a minimum amount of American content or whether it will insist on more stringent tracing of the origin of raw materials, particularly steel, that go into automobiles.Such questions are among the “fundamental issues of principle” that have to be confronted “sooner rather than later,” said Alden.In order to meet the deadline, both Alden and Clark said negotiators will likely have to settle for agreement in broad principle on some of the contentious areas, with details to be worked out later.