Photographs Year: ArchDaily Slovakia Year: “COPY” 2014 ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/780293/wooden-brick-house-jaro-krobot Clipboard Wooden Brick House / Jaro Krobot Architects: Jaro Krobot Area Area of this architecture project Projects Area: 93 m² Area: 93 m² Year Completion year of this architecture project CopyAbout this office Jaro KrobotOfficeFollowProductsWoodBrick#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesLučatínSlovakiaPublished on January 14, 2016Cite: “Wooden Brick House / Jaro Krobot” 14 Jan 2016. ArchDaily. Accessed 11 Jun 2021.
February 3, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders (RSF) welcomes the release of Shiraaz Mohamed, a South African photojournalist who was held hostage for nearly three years in Syria, but points out that dozens of other journalists continue to be hostages in this war-torn country. News March 12, 2021 Find out more “Nearly 30 journalist are still being held by their abductors in Syria. For some, the ordeal has dragged on for much too long. Some have been hostages since 2012. Everything must be done to obtain their release as quickly as possible.” December 16, 2019 – Updated on January 3, 2020 South African photographer freed in Syria after three years as hostage News But HTS denied this claims though its news agency, Ebaa News, criticizing media “that want to defame [HTS] and ruin its reputation.” At the same time, HTS said it “appreciates the efforts of journalists helping to cover part of the reality of the zones liberated [by HTS] from the brutality of the regime and the Russian occupier.” Mohamed was abducted in January 2017 in Darkush, a town near the Turkish border in northern Syria. His captors provided a proof of life video in January 2018 and again in August 2019. In the second video, he asked the South African government to cooperate with his kidnappers. Mohamed’s release was announced by Gift of the Givers, the South African NGO for which he was working when he went to Syria. It reported on its official Facebook page that he “escaped” his captors on 15 December and was now with Turkish intelligence. The NGO said “friendly” people had helped him to leave Syria and to ensure that he was safe. According to its founder Imtiaz Sooliman, contacted by the South African radio Voice of the Cape, the journalist is “safe in Turkey and, through diplomatic channels, will return to South Africa soon”. Three other foreign journalists are thought to be still held hostage in Syria. They are Austin Tice, who was arrested at a Damascus checkpoint in August 2012, and a two-member Sky News Arabia TV crew, Mauritanian reporter Ishak Moctar and Lebanese cameraman Samir Kassab, who were kidnapped in Raqqa by Islamic State in October 2016. John Cantlie, a British journalist kidnapped by Islamic State in Iraq, was seen for the last time in Mosul in December 2016. In the hours that followed the announcement of Mohamed’s release, several sources said his abduction had been claimed by Hay’at Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS), a Jihadi group that controls the Idlib region near the Turkish border. News Help by sharing this information “Aside from the relief of knowing that Shiraaz Mohamed will soon be reunited his family, his release also offers real hope for all the journalists of whom we have lost trace in Syria,” said Sabrina Bennoui, the head of RSF’s Middle East desk. News Follow the news on Syria Toll of ten years of civil war on journalists in Syria to go further Organisation RSF_en March 8, 2021 Find out more SyriaMiddle East – North Africa Condemning abusesProtecting journalists Armed conflictsJihadismPredators SyriaMiddle East – North Africa Condemning abusesProtecting journalists Armed conflictsJihadismPredators Syria is ranked 174th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2019 World Press Freedom Index. Damascus TV presenter arrested under cyber-crime law Wave of Kurdish arrests of Syrian journalists Receive email alerts
Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena First Heatwave Expected Next Week faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Community News Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Community News 10 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Make a comment More Cool Stuff Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Sermons and Lessons Video: Hosannas, Hoodies, and Hope Delivered by REV. BISHOP BEVERLY SHAMANA, First United Methodist Church, Pasadena Published on Monday, April 9, 2012 | 5:10 pm This video was delivered by the Rev. Bishop Beverly Shamana of the First United Methodist Church, Pasadena on Sunday, April 1, 2012. Bishop Shamana received a Master of Divinity Degree from Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois in 1980 and was ordained Elder in 1984. She served as senior pastor to churches in the Los Angeles area and served on the Council On Ministries program staff of the California-Pacific Conference until she was elected a Bishop of the United Methodist Church by the Western Jurisdiction in July 2000 with assignment to the San Francisco Area, California-Nevada Conference. Since her retirement in 2008 she has taught classes in creativity and leadership at United Methodist seminaries, served as guest preacher in a variety of settings, while continuing to serve on the Bishopâ€™s Task Force on Ministry With the Poor. She is married to Walter Woods, a layman in the Episcopal Church with whom she enjoys their two adult children.First United Methodist Church, 500 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, (626) 796-0157 or visit www.fumcpasadena.org. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Business News HerbeautyAncient Beauty Remedies From India To Swear By For Healthy SkinHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThe Real Truth About The Pain Caused By MicrobladingHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyZac Efron Is Dating A New Hottie?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyYou’ll Want To Get Married Twice Or Even More Just To Put Them OnHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Strong Female TV Characters Who Deserve To Have A SpinoffHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyInstall These Measures To Keep Your Household Safe From Covid19HerbeautyHerbeauty EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Top of the News Subscribe
Linkedin PEOPLE in rural areas have reached such a level of fear that they are taking pitchforks to their bedroom, and in many instances are afraid to return home. One councillor has suggested that Spike Island should be reopened, and warns of a revolution in the country. Ongoing criminal activity has reached an alarming rate in the county. Now county councillors are calling for a review of the justice system to introduce a punishment relevant to the crime.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up One representative has gone so far as to call for the reopening of Spike Island.Referring to several incidents in the Pallasgreen area where elderly individuals were assaulted in their homes and robbed, Cllr Mary Harty said the community feels ‘under siege’.“This behaviour is abhorred; to think we have been visited by such savagery is unbelievable,” Cllr Harty voiced at a Castleconnell area meeting.“The gardaí have been very proactive but I wish there could be a successful resolution to this”. The Minister for Justice, Alan Shatter, is responsible for curtailing the shocking activity, according to Cllr Eddie Wade.“People have never been so angry as they are now in every townland in county Limerick.“They are sleeping with pitchforks and don’t feel safe day or night.“The Minister for Justice would want to open his eyes; There are people up in court with 69 or 79 previous convictions.“Spike Island should be reopened before there is a revolution in this country”.According to Cllr John Egan, there have been at least five incidents of residents targeted in their homes in recent weeks.“I met a woman at a meeting in Boher the other night who was afraid to go home.“The community don’t know what to do.“These criminals can get free legal aid and be back on the streets again, while the decent people are suffering”.“The punishment has to fit the crime”, believes Cllr Michael Sheahan. “There has to be consecutive sentences, not concurrent”.Cllr Mary Jackman agreed that the activity in the county has been “putting the fear of God into residents, while Cllr Bridget Teefy said the crimes emphasised the need for retention of garda presence in the county.“The gardaí there are excellent but they can only do so much”. NewsLocal News‘Reopen Spike Island to house criminals’ -WadeBy admin – June 18, 2012 564 Previous articleLet’s tackle Cals park – cllr LeddinNext articleLimerick heroin dealer jailed for 14 years admin Twitter Print Advertisement Email Facebook WhatsApp
Email Twitter Print Linkedin NewsLocal NewsStudents facing Christmas without grantBy admin – November 20, 2012 570 UP TO 40 per cent of students’ grant applications are likely to be returned as incomplete, leaving students without funds over the Christmas period. The latest figures show that are still approximately 2,000 students from across Limerick city and county who are still waiting for their grant applications to be processed by the new centralised student grant system, SUSI, set up this year by Education Minister Ruairí Quinn.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up With a Fianna Fáil Dáil motion last week calling on Mr Quinn to stop the increases in third level fees and take responsibility for the unprecedented crisis in processing student grants, Limerick TD Willie O’Dea said the Minister admitted to Oireachtas members that four out of ten applications are being returned as incomplete.Deputy O’Dea says this means Limerick students will be forced to resubmit their applications and will be waiting until several weeks after Christmas to receive their grants.He added that the new online grant processing system, SUSI, was launched in June to address issues such as delays, however hundreds of Limerick’s third level students are still awaiting a decision regarding grant applications.“Wasn’t SUSI supposed to cut through all of these problems? At this rate, thousands of students will certainly be waiting until the early spring to receive their grant. The Minister can attempt to spin the figures whatever way he likes, but the bottom line is that these are the most hard-pressed students who need state support to stay in college,” commented Deputy O’Dea.His party colleague and Limerick County TD Niall Collins stated: “Minister Quinn was quick to bask in praise when SUSI was established. But now that his new system is riddled with problems and threatening the third level education of many students in Limerick and across the country, the Minister wants to blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility himself.“I have spoken with many local students who have been unable to register properly as a result of these problems. They can’t get any answer from officials and are now at risk of having to drop out of college unless the government starts taking action.”Deputy Collins also accused Minister Quinn of reintroducing third level fees “through the back door”, having increased the registration fee by €250 this year with plans to add a further €750 to the fee over the next three years.The Oireachtas Education Committee is to hold a special meeting this week to question SUSI officials about the delays. Previous articleAttacks on firemen highlight need for compensation schemeNext articleJulie Feeney in Cold Water admin Facebook Advertisement WhatsApp
Rail deal set to signal end of industrial strifeOn 3 Oct 2000 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos. Previous Article Next Article A rail company is poised to broker a ground-breaking partnership deal in a sector known for its history of bitter industrial relations.The proposed agreement between Aslef and Great North Eastern Railway will be the first for a passenger operator in the rail industry and reflects the current climate of a more mature collaboration between unions and employers. The sector, which still sees regular industrial action, is described as one of the most “inhospitable arenas” for partnership. HR director at GNER Mike Gooddie, a lead player in the negotiations, said improved training was being discussed, as well as pay. Gooddie said the proposals were about formalising the more “grown up” industrial relations approach that has developed between GNER and Aslef since the days of British Rail. He initiated the proposed deal before coordinating talks between the union and line managers.Staff are due to be balloted on the proposed agreement before the end of the year. Gooddie said, “Management has been working to move the company away from the command-and-control culture inherited from British Rail.”Talks on a package of terms and conditions have been held over the past six months.Mick Rix, Aslef general secretary, described the proposed deal as “truly ground-breaking in terms of recognition and status for our members”. But Gooddie said the deal does not depend on the union offering a list of concessions in return for changes to pay and training.Partnerships involve unions and employers signing a formal agreement pledging to adopt a joint problem solving approach for mutual benefit. High profile agreements signed this year include one between unions and retailer Littlewoods.Deals are also a means of reconciling employers’ desire for flexible working and unions’ concerns over employment security.By Helen Rowe
Authorities June 17, 2016 View post tag: USS Boxer View post tag: US Navy Share this article Back to overview,Home naval-today U.S. now hitting Daesh from two decks as USS Boxer joins strikes Daesh positions are now being hit from two different regions as AV-8B Harriers taking off from USS Boxer (LHD 4) in the Arabian Gulf joined strike aircraft operating from USS Harry S. Truman in the Mediterranean Sea June 16.This marks the first naval aviation combat strike missions of Operation Inherent Resolve launched from Navy warships in two different operational theaters.The Harriers are assigned to Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 166, the aviation combat element of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit, embarked in the Boxer Amphibious Ready Group.“These missions from the flight decks of USS Boxer, like those from the USS Harry S. Truman, demonstrate the inherent flexibility of naval forces,” said Vice Adm. Kevin Donegan, commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command. “Today, U.S. naval forces are striking ISIL simultaneously from both the Mediterranean and the Arabian Gulf.”Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group began combat sorties from the eastern Mediterranean Sea June 3, in support of OIR over Syria and Iraq. The CSG transited the Suez Canal June 2, after conducting operations in the 5th Fleet area of operations since December 2015. The strike group’s deployment was extended to support dismantling and rolling back the ISIL terrorist network from the 6th Fleet area of operations before it will return home to Norfolk.The Boxer ARG arrived in U.S. 5th Fleet April 5. Consisting of more than 4,500 Sailors and Marines, the Boxer ARG/13th MEU is composed of its command ship, amphibious assault ship USS Boxer, amphibious transport dock USS New Orleans and amphibious dock landing ship USS Harpers Ferry.In addition to naval aviation missions against ISIL in support of OIR, the Marines and Sailors of Boxer ARG team are supporting theater security cooperation efforts and conducting maritime security operations throughout 5th Fleet.USS Harry S. Truman will soon be replaced by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower which entered the U.S. 6th Fleet area of operations June 8. View post tag: Daesh U.S. now hitting Daesh from two decks as USS Boxer joins strikes View post tag: OIR
Calls to use teaspoons as a measure of sugar content are flawed, due to variation in the size of individual spoons, according to Tim Rycroft of the Food and Drink Federation (FDF).The FDF’s corporate affairs director was speaking on Channel 4 News about sugar’s role in the UK’s obesity crisis. His comment came in response to the suggestion teaspoons should be used on product labelling.He said: “One person’s teaspoon is another person’s tablespoon is another person’s dessert spoon. I’ve got 25 teaspoons at home and they are all different sizes.”He suggested sugar concentration meant teaspoons were poor measures, regardless of variation in size, saying: “A spoonful of honey has more sugar in it than a spoonful of granulated sugar.”Debating partner, Olympic rower James Cracknell, did not see Rycroft’s argument, saying: “I’m not that good a cook but I can tell the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon.“Even though some teaspoons are slightly different, that, on a side of a can, makes much bigger sense to the whole country than what a calorie means.”obesity crisis Rycroft and Cracknell also clashed over sugar’s role in the obesity crisis, with Rycroft saying sugar should not be the sole focus for a multi-factor problem.He said: “Obesity isn’t caused by one nutrient, obesity is caused by diet. We need a whole diet approach to tackle obesity.“It’s about calories, not about sugar. It’s about the calories they get from saturated fats, it’s about the calories they get from other nutrients, so why would you just focus on the role of just one nutrient in the diet when we know that obesity is about excess energy intake and about lack of physical activity.”Cracknell, however, responded by saying that the rapid absorption of sugar into the bloodstream caused wild swings in blood sugar level and that the situation was more complex than a calorie in, calorie out balance.